Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 8

For my final week, I divided my time between the pathology suite and finishing up my part in the research project, gathering the last few cases necessary to move on.  So I again shadowed the pathology residents, some I hadn't spoken to yet, primarily in grossing.  I was able to attend a conference for a specialty I hadn't attended yet, CVT, and was able to see some very interesting cases.  My final signout for breast was also very interesting; it took most of the morning because there were so many cases and most of them were very difficult to diagnose, meaning I was able to see as the pathologists and residents exchanged ideas to determine a consensus.  One of the cases was for the surgery I attended last week, so I had an easier time following the discussion, which I appreciated.

It's hard to believe that the summer went by so quickly, but here we are.  I enjoyed my time here immensely, and I appreciate the opportunity.  I am especially grateful that I was assigned where I was.  Everyone was friendly and patient, taking the time to explain everything they did regardless of how simple the concepts were to them.  In the end, the people truly made a difference, and I don't think I would have had the experience I did without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment