Saturday, July 9, 2016

Chapter 4: Week 5

Most of my week was focused on developing my code to analyze PET images. I participated in lab meeting, which was nice because I was exposed to all the versatile components of the group's research. I was able to interact with collaborators that focus on aspects of Biomedical Engineering similar to my thesis research back in Ithaca.

One unique thing I did this week was attend an informational seminar on the NIH Common Fund High-Risk, High-Reward Programs. There are 4 different programs of this sort, each seeking to fund research projects that present bold experimental proposals. While I am not eligible for such funding yet, it was beneficial to learn of these funding mechanisms for later on in my career when I am eligible to apply. I found this information very useful, as I intend to maintain a career in academia.

As far as food this week, I would recommend y'all attend Smorgasburg in Williamsburg. The event attracts dozens of unique food vendors. I enjoyed a lemon poppyseed donut from Dough and chicken, barbacoa, and tilapia tacos by Oaxaca Tacqueria. The tacos were pretty good, but I personally think El Luchador has a better fish taco with their beer-battered cod taco.

 


2 comments:

  1. great that you attend this nih common fund lecture.
    could you share more details with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great that you attend this nih common fund lecture.
    could you share more details with me?

    ReplyDelete