Friday, July 1, 2016

Week 4

My post this week is a bit later in the day due to traveling for the 4th of July weekend. Overall this week was great. I got some very promising results for my project utilizing multi-photon microscopy. I will refrain from discussing the details of my project since this is a public blog. I met with a medical student who had previously worked in the lab and developed some of the protocols that I am using for my project. It was a very insightful meeting as he brought to my attention some very interesting points that I may have overlooked otherwise. This week I was also asked to prepare a presentation for the Tissue Engineering and Repair Research group (TERR). I will be discussing my tendinopathy model. This is an exciting opportunity, so I will be preparing for this during the upcoming week. I am hoping that I can take some of my work here back to Ithaca and develop collaborations between my lab at Cornell and Dr. Rodeo's lab.

New York has been fantastic. I am really enjoying my time in the city and hope that I can come back to work here after my PhD. I am going to see some family for the 4th of July so that will be a nice relaxing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment