Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 8

As I expected, the last week in New York was a mix of both excitement and sadness.  In terms of research, I was able to culminate my projects and am leaving in a position that opens possibilities for collaborations between my current lab in NYC and my main lab in Ithaca.  Although I am leaving some ongoing projects, I was happy to hear by the members of the lab that they would still want my input.  Overall I feel like this was a fantastic experience.  I feel like I was coming into this immersion term being able to thoroughly understand my field of research, however I learned a lot and now am a much better scientist. 


Socially, this immersion term has made our first year class stronger and a tighter community.  This week was hectic trying to get everything organized for our departure.  I tried to do some of my favorite things in the city one last time, and I cannot wait to come back into the city in the near future either to continue my research or a long-term job.

No comments:

Post a Comment