Friday, July 22, 2016

Week 7

This week I continued working on the tendinopathy model, and thankfully all of the animals completed their 2 week acclimation period with no issues. I have also been reading more of the literature and we have been able to optimize our model to make sure that it will be robust. Our lab has also been working on a meniscus tissue engineering project and this week I was able to see sheep meniscal dissections. The tissues will be sectioned for histology next week. I am intrigued to see the images and the efficiency of the synthetic meniscal scaffold. Next week should be busy week for us since we are performing surgeries on our animals for our tendinopathy and impingement models.

It is hard to believe that we only have one more week in New York. Time has gone by way to fast. However, I am very excited about the possibilities of collaborations between my current immersion lab and my original lab back in Ithaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment