Friday, July 1, 2016

Week 4: Ideal

This week I had two external visits. First was shadowing Dr. Faraco doing research study on mice for hypertension and high salt diet. He walked me through the theory and imaging using confocal microscopy. Next day we did the surgery and measured blood speed using Laser Doppler velocimetry (LDV) for baseline as well as application of do drug and whisker stimulation.
I visited Imaging Data Evaluation and Analytic Laboratory (IDEAL). They showed me how to segment aorta as well as several measurement. Next they showed me liver segmentation as well as sub-segmentation. At the end, they showed me how to do the measurements for  pfa ( Breast Implant Using Fat Tissue) as well as report generation process for surgery. They walked me through all the steps they use for three different software they use for this three tasks.
I could do my first 7D (3D tissue + 1D time + 3D velocity)reconstruction of cardiac MRI. From raw data to finalized speed profile. Also sfter meeting Dr. Weinsaft and Dr. Spincemaille, I could do the calculation for different sequence (GE 4D flow sequence instead of UWisc. sequence). I'm going to shadow my first surgery as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment