Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Week 7

In my second to last week of immersion my goal was to finish a draft of my manuscript so I could spend the last week editing. I was able to observe more surgeries in the OR including a peroneal tendon reconstruction and microfracture of an osteochondral lesion. When I was not in the clinic, I was working on the manuscript. I had to meet with Dr. Deyer again to go over a new grading system for the cartilage lesions. We decided that the initial grading system was not the best choice, and moved to use the International Cartilage Repair Society scoring system Since we had already gone through all of the patients previously, we were more efficient this time around. In addition, Dr. Deyer took the time to show me what to look for on the MRI scans in order to grade the lesions. Afterwards, I spent most of my time reading literature in the field in order to write the discussion. I finished a copy of my manuscript at the end of the week and received the final statistical reports from Robin. On Monday I will give Dr. Kennedy and Yoshi my draft and start the editing process next week. It's exciting that I have been able to complete a study in my short time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment