Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week 5

This week marked the halfway point of our immersion term. This has been a very exciting trip so far, and I am saddened that it is almost coming to an end. Dr. Rodeo was out of town this week so I mostly worked in the lab. I was able to get some really interesting data with my experiments. I was able to keep the animals alive after imaging and figured out different ways to optimize the setup for image acquisition. My first concern was to keep the animals under anesthesia for the least time possible as to not cause any damage. We were able to perform the surgeries and image in under 30 minutes which worked out nicely. We also ordered the rest of the animals for the tendinopathy project, so we will start the treadmill acclamation period next week. Tomorrow I have a meeting with one of the lab members to set up the experiments for the next few weeks. I am hoping to go spend some time looking at other surgeries this week. I think watching brain surgery would be extremely interesting since I have not had much exposure in that field.


No comments:

Post a Comment