Friday, July 22, 2016

Week 7th

During the past weeks of clinical immersion, I wanted to attend several medical rounds on the hospital; as well as interesting lectures that help me improve my understanding on the clinical field. At the beginning of the week, I attended board rounds, blood pressure screenings, and a very interesting talk about important updates in infectious diseases. One of the main opportunities that I appreciated from the BME immersion experience is that we have access to a lot of different talks, lectures, and seminars within the hospital. Besides the opportunity to attend the OR and clinic days, the exposure to different medical fields give us a wide view of medical research.

On the research side, I keep working on the comparison of HIFU technologies. However, since the technologies were approved in 2015, finding accurate research about both technologies hasn’t been easy. I have been analyzing the outcomes of both technologies in different countries, the pros, cons, and development process. That will give us a wide understanding on both technologies and on the advantages of each technology for each individual case. Furthermore, I have been working on the immersion report based on the research I have been doing on the last couple of weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment