Friday, June 24, 2016

Week 3

Immersion has been such an encouraging and inspirational experience since day one, but seems to only get better with time.  After witnessing a plethora of operations, I am still amazed every time the patient wakes up from general anesthesia and the aggressive toll surgery takes on the body. This demonstrates to me the robust nature of the human body, but also the resilience of patients and their immense strength.  These experiences have greatly increased my desire to continue research on translational tissue engineered solutions to help the patients I have been seeing on a daily basis.

As far as learning how to live in New York City like a local, I now feel much more comfortable with the subway, bus, and simply walking around.  Public transit is definitely something to get used to, as Ithaca is nearly completely reliant on cars.  I don't like having to wait for trains and buses to reach their stops, however it is strangely gratifying to use the subway and buses to reach a destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment