Friday, June 17, 2016

Week 2: 7D flow speed MRI

This week was great. I went to the imaging facility on Monday at  7 AM. They started with routine checks as well as preparing machines and materials. I located in the control room that technicians run two MRI machines. I could come up with a short to do list from the start of the day up to the patient release. The most interesting test that everyone were trying to be prepared for was MRA for the right hand. It was seams like the booked about 90 minutes for this procedure and they were excited to do it. But, after 15 min, patient pushed the emergency button and request the test termination. He claimed he can not do it. After that point, I figured out that this was not the first time and he tried this test few times before. As the technician said: "We cannot kidnap him".
Similar to last week I shadowed my clinical mentor for reading the MR images in reading room, his offices and radiology meetings. I attended a talk from a new Columbia Faculty who is going to start a new MRI lab here with numerous machines, which make it top five MRI center in the world.
Finally, I started the preliminary study for one of the potential research topics. for my summer immersion, which is  7D flow speed MRI. It seams fancy, but it is just flow speed of each 3 dimentioal voxel in  direction at each time point 3+1+3 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment