Friday, June 10, 2016

Preface

At this point in the program I have yet to meet my mentor, Dr. Mark Souweidane (Neurological Surgery), as he is traveling. I am expecting to meet him next week, and I hope to have a project involving drug delivery techniques which target pediatric brain tumors.

However, this week I was able to shadow Dr. Jason Spector. I was able to follow along during office hours as patients had scheduled appointments with him for multiple reasons, including consultations for cosmetic surgeries and to follow up in regards to various reconstructive surgeries. The patients had recovered from operations that included vaginal reconstruction and treatment of nonhealing diabetic foot ulcers. Although this type of clinical work is not directly related to my research, during this time I was exposed to more clinical practice than I had seen before. I found it refreshing to see the clinical component of the medical field. 

Otherwise, I have enjoyed sampling the food of New York City, including but not limited to: donuts, pizza, sushi, deli sandwiches, and French macarons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment