Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Coming Back to reality!

It is time to go back to Ithaca and return to our original research and environment. Although it feels good to go back home and retake the routine, it is also hard to leave this place that was full of new experiences, learning, and a lot of fun. During my last week in NYC, I concentrated my last days on doing final research about the two approved HIFU technologies to base my report in a formal review and comparison for both of the methods. Since the technology is fairly new (not approved until 2015), there is not enough credible research to follow a formal publishable review, but it is fair enough to produce a good paper. I attended the last board meeting in which I learned uncountable material and a lot of interesting people working with cancer too but from a very different direction. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to live this experience and to work with Dr. Hu in such an amazing field.

On the other side, I also tried to enjoy my last days at NYC. I finally visited the 9/11 memorial and museum which was on my list since the beginning and was one of the couple places I had left to visit. I visited high line, and finally attended a Broadway show. Then, with all of these experiences, I felt like I got everything I wanted from NYC and I will miss this city a lot!!. Mentors/ students final dinner was wonderful, we had such a good time meeting the mentors and sharing our summer experiences. It was such a great end for this excellent experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment